The Second Gulf Conference on the Halal Industry & its Services
22-24 January 2013. Crown Plaza – Farwaniyah, State of Kuwait
Program of the conference
- Program of the conference (arabic & english)
Abstracts and Curriculum Vitae of participants
First day – Tuesday, 10 Rabi’ Al-Awal 1434 Hijri corresponding to 22 January 2013
- O1 – H.E. Shereedah Abdullah Al-Moasherji, Minister of Justice and of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs, State of Kuwait (pdf file).
- O2 – Dr. Naji Mohamed Al-Mutairi, Director General, Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR), State of Kuwait (pdf file).
- O3 – Dr. Adel Abdullah Al-Falah, Chairman of the Supreme Committee of the Conference, Undersecretary, Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs, State of Kuwait.
- O4 – Dr. Saleh Hussain Al-Aayed, Secretary General, International Islamic Halal Authority (IIHA), Muslim World League, Saudi Arabia (pdf file).
Second Day – Wednesday, 11 Rabi’ Al-Awal 1434 Hijri corresponding to 23 January 2013
Session 1 – First Theme Study of the Current Status of Halal Industry and its Services
Chairman: Dr. Misfer Al-Qahtani, Member of legitimacy Committee and Member of the Board of Trustees of the World Assembly for Muslim Youth, Saudi Arabia.
- L1 : Islam and Animal Welfare: Reality of Animal Treatment During Transportation and Slaughtering Compared to the Islamic Sharia – Speaker: Prof. Hassan Al-Aidaros, Professor of Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, World Organization for Animal Health, France (pdf files : paper, presentation)
- L2 : Comparative Study Between Halal International Models. The Requirements of Accreditation and Certification Bodies in Importing Countries – Speaker: Assoc. Prof. Mariam Abdul Latif, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia (pdf files : paper, presentation).
- L3 : The Current Status of the Primary Ingredients in Food, Medicine and Cosmetics – Speaker: Ms. Aida Kader Ghanem, Researcher, Islamic Fiqh Legislation and its Fundamentals, Al-Quds University, Palestine (pdf files : paper, presentation).
Session 2 – Second Theme : Practical Solutions to Overcome the Obstacles Facing Halal Industry and its Services
Chairman: Dr. Zohair Mulla, Advisor, Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA), Saudi Arabia.
- L4– Strengthening the Halal Food Model – Speaker: Dr. Mian Nadeem Riaz, Director, Food Protein R & D Center, Texas A&M University, America (df files : paper, presentation)
- L5– Traceability in Halal Products: A New Challenge and a Necessity in Halal Model – Speaker: Mr. Abdul Qayyoem Boedhoe, General Director, HFFIA, Netherland (presentation)
- L6– Critical Control Points in Halal Food Products: A Missing Element in Halal Model – Speaker: Dr. Muhamad Nadratuzzaman Hosen, Lecturer, State Islamic University, Jakarta, Indonesia (pdf files: paper, presentation).
Second Discussion Session: Direct Dialogue Between Meat Traders, Meat Manufacturers and the Supervisory Bodies of Foods in GCC Countries to Develop an Effective Management for the Halal Industry
Chairman: Eng. Fahad Sahab Al-Mutairi, Assistant Undersecretary and Deputy Director General for Standards and Industrial Services Affairs, PAI, State of Kuwait.
Third Day – Thursday, 12 Rabi’ Al-Awal 1434 Hijri corresponding to 24 January 2013
Second Theme (Cont.) Practical Solutions to Overcome the Obstacles Facing Halal Industry and its Services (Cont.)
Chairman: Eng. Mahmoud Mohamed Tatari, Director, Halal Control, Germany.
- L7 – Security Factor as a Necessity in the Halal Model – Speaker : Sheikh Zubair Butt, Halal Monitoring Committee (HMC), United Kingdom, paper in association with the Prof. Amir Zaidan, Professor, Islamic Studies and Activist in Halal, Austria (pdf files : paper, presentation)
- L8 – The Necessity of Laboratory Analysis to Verify the Authenticity of Halal Products – Speaker : Dr. Shuhaimi Mustafa, Deputy Director, Putra University, Malaysia (pdf files : paper, presentation).
- L9 – The Halal Industry: Obstacles and Solutions – Speaker : Dr. Mohammed Ahmed Al-Qurashi, Deputy Chairman of the Grand Scholars, Commission, Department of Islamic Affairs and Charities, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (pdf files : paper, presentation).
Third Theme : Future Vision
Chairman: Mr. Darhim Dali Hashim, Executive Manager, International Halal Integrity Alliance Ltd. (IHIA), Malaysia.
- L10 – Future Integral Vision to Achieve Halal by the Muslim World League, Holy Mecca, Saudi Arabia – Speaker: Dr. Saleh Hussain Al-Aayed, Secretary General, International Islamic Halal Authority (IIHA), Muslim World League, Saudi Arabia (pdf files : paper, presentation).
- L11 – The Industrial Future Vision of Halal Model – Speaker : Mr. Lukmanul Hakim, Director, Assessment Institute for Food, Drug and Cosmetic, The Indonesian Council of Ulama(LPPOM MUI), Indonesia (paper, presentation).
- L12 – The Suggested Halal Model – Speaker : Assoc. Prof. Mariam Abdul Latif, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia (presentation).
Resolutions and Recommendations
- Final statement and recommandations – (pdf file, arabic and english)
- Manual Guide line : Guidelines for Halal Industry and Services (english) / (arabic) الدليل الإرشادي لصناعة وخدمات الحلال